|Project by df1k1||posted 02-13-2013 04:47 PM||1283 views||4 times favorited||11 comments|
First attempt at woodworking after a LONG break. Tons of mistakes and lessons learned including: build then mount. I spent way too much time and effort moving these things around. And they are heavy! Use a base: originally i put them on adjustable legs ( I think you can see them in one of the pictures) and I realized that they were no way sturdy enough. HVLP spraying: harder than I thought and red was not a good choice. Very hard to get it even. Rail and Stile: first time I’ve ever tried using this bit set but I think the doors make the cabinets. Glue up: no matter how hard I tried squaring things up was tough! Finally, really should have built a cross cut sled and an outfeed table before tackling this. Would have made things easier.
Thanks for looking