|Project by redryder||posted 300 days ago||2366 views||27 times favorited||22 comments|
1. Piece of scrap Oak or any hardwood about 4” high x 1 5/8” wide x 3/4” thick
2. Piece of scrap Walnut and Padauk or what ever you like 4 1/2” long x 3/4” wide x 1/8” thick
3. Glue the thin measuring piece to one end of the hardwood slide
4. Rip down the middle on the table saw (my saw kerf was exactly the right width for the square
5. Mark and measure a cutout on the hardwood to fit around the base of the square
6. Sand edges smooth ( a coat or two of spray Shellac makes them look good)
7. Go to the hardware store and pick out your favorite looking knob and a threaded insert 1/4” long x 5/16” dia.
8. Drill 5/16” hole in hardwood for insert. A couple of love taps puts it in with no glue needed
9. Screw in knob to insert and attach to square
10. Knob = $1.75 ea Insert = $ .33 ea
These work especially well for measuring those dado cuts…...........................