I recently acquired a slab of Scots Pine and decided to make two gtable tops out of it. The tops can be used as butchers block chopping boards, coffee table tops or even garden table or bench tops. The pictures show the sequence of work and t...
|View inchanga's:||home||workshop||projects (11)||blog (21)||reviews (0)||forum topics (3)||buddies (0)||favorites (0)||activity log|
None so far
117 posts in 1574 days
Location: north wales uk
retired from the rat race and enjoying making furniture for fun and hopefully a little profit.
Well equipped workshop with Jet table saw, Dewalt planer thicknesser,
bandsaw, morticer, woodrat, various routers etc.
I am always looking for ways to improve my joinery and try different methods eg. biscuits, dowels, mortice and tenon, Kreg screws, loose tenons etc. Hopefully one day I will settle down to one method and I can have a workshop sale of the redundant tools.
The latest thing that has caught my eye is the Dowelmax. I don't need one but......
Looking forward to sharing my work and joining in the forums
-- chris, north wales http://salemchapelfurniture.co.uk/
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 11 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 21 »
I recently got a 6 foot length of sycamore which I cut in half in order to make a chopping block/table 3 foot by 2foot. Even after cutting in half the boards were so badly twisted that I had to split them length ways in order to flatten...
Some time ago I thought I had finished making several peices of furniture from 160 year old church pews. Recently the customer came back and asked if I could salvage enough timber to make a matching bookcase. With a great deal of difficult...
Having just recycled four 160 year old 12 foot church pews and manufactured the furniture shown here I am in a position to comment on the process from an operational and financial point of view which i hope may help LJ’s involved in simi...
The monks bench has now been completed and with it the last item of the Pews Project. This is just as well because I really had to improvise and glue up a lot of bits and pieces in order to salvage sufficient timber to complete the benc...