LumberJocks.com, online woodworking community, launched in March 2006 and has made a name for itself in the woodworking world. LumberJocks.com has become the #1 online social network for woodworkers. The site’s project-based structure and growing features allow members to easily connect with other woodworkers, post projects and blogs and compete in friendly competitions for fantastic prizes.
LumberJocks.com is comprised of men, women, children, and youth all over the world, who are actively involved in woodworking. LumberJocks.com is a growing community of woodworking enthusiasts, from professional skilled craftsmen to the novice and hobbyist with one common ground – a passion for woodworking and woodworking products.
LumberJocks.com offers free membership to woodworkers who share their experiences with wood, ask and answer questions, seek and post their personal tool reviews, find and share resource information, and blog their woodworking journeys.
Not only is the site visited regularly by its members but also regular and casual visits by non-members. Lumberjocks.com has surpassed 1 million page views per month.
Sister sites, GardenTenders and HomeRefurbers have just recently “broken ground”, with members beginning the journey of sharing their gardening and home repair experiences with each other in the same fashion as achieved with LumberJocks.com.
Read our story »
View our team »
Our Features At Glance
- Blogs - an ongoing journal of your woodworking experience
- Blog Series - connecting related blog entries for continued storylines
- Buddies - designate other Members as Buddies and receive notification of their postings via email
- eMag - a monthly online magazine available for members to read and share
- Favorites - mark projects and blog entries as a "Favorite" for easy reference
- Forums - a variety of discussions, from questions, to site suggestions, to off-topic discussions
- Help - have a question about how LumberJocks.com works? Check out the Help Files
- Members - a list of all LumberJocks
- Messages - send/receive private messages to other LumberJocks
- Online - see which LumberJocks are currently online
- Projects - sharing projects with others by story and photo album
- Pulse - keep up to date by viewing recent postings
- Search - let's you do a specific search for something on the LumberJocks site
- Shop - post pictures and descriptions of your shop and your tools
- Shuffle - check out projects from the past with this random search option
- Spread - "Spread the Word" using the tools provided
- Tags - labels added to topics to help others find related information
- Videos - view "Vlogging" entries created by fellow LumberJocks
We'd like to thank following members for helping us to test the site in its early days: