First of all, my workbench build is far beyond the point that I’m going to share, I just have bunch of pics and I decided to throw them on the blog. There’s nothing special here, but some little documentary to remember. So…
For M&T job I made couple of marking gauges out of pine. I know pine is not the best choice for this, I just wanted to practice a little before making marking gauge of my dream.
I put pins just where I needed and then just re-inserted them for different dimensions. And I have an extra beam for replacement.
Next I marked the mortises and bored out most of the waste.
Then I cleaned up rest of the waste with the chisel.
Memo to self: get a corner chisel.
Well, I think I lost all the tenon pics somewhere on my hard drive…
Ok, in brief: marked the tenons, then cut knife walls for crisp edge, then sawed along knife walls, then chiseled out waste and cleaned tenons with small rabbet plane.
I was quite happy with M&T job results, and bravely moved to drawboring. So the next blog entry is going to be “Drawboring: the good, the bad and the ugly”...
-- Yuri (10x4 -- yeah, that's my tiny shop!)