Not much progress since last time, but still some.
First of all, I made my wagon vise a handle. It’s been cut from raw oak stock that I took from my country house almost two years ago. I started with planing it to be a square, then to be octagonal, then I doubled number of edges yet more couple of times, and finished with some very light sanding.
To make end knobs I used my poor man’s lathe:
Time after time I use it to turn knobs, handles and such:
And here is my new handle:
Second of all, I bored holes for bench dogs:
(look how small my bench is going to be compared even to the brace I used to bore the holes)
I marked second row of the bench dog holes but decided to postpone drilling them until I figure out how many of them I need.
Third of all were some “temporary” bench dogs made out of soft pine:
(will see how long those “temporary” dogs gonna work for me, I suspect at least year unless I break them by myself experimenting with stopper springs)
Here’s my “pencil-sharpener” dowel jig I used:
The jig works quite badly—you can see lots of splitting on the dowels—so I will re-design it when making pegs for draw-boring.
The most fun and exiting part was using bench under construction to build its own parts:
And you know, it works!
(legs ready for M&T job)
Little boy inside of me totally happy :-)
Thanks for reading!
-- Yuri (10x4 -- yeah, that's my tiny shop!)