Marine Corps Naval cannon project #7: Glue up and test fit.

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Trapper brandenburger posted 07-28-2016 08:11 PM 350 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 6: Another boring adventure. Part 7 of Marine Corps Naval cannon project series no next part

Yesterday and today were big days. Our shop welder made some steel plates and tapped & died some holes to receive the 1/2” all thread. I mortised out an area for them to go on the bottom of the top main runner. Then I glued the main runners together and let them cook over night. Today I put everything together and test fit the cannon in the carriage. Fit like a glove! I did have to notch out the elevation plate so it would sit lower. I also cut down the elevation wedge to make the cannon sit a a steeper elevation. After that I glued the crossmembers in to the main runners and tightened all the all thread down. Now I’m sanding and will start the epoxy coating in the morning.

-- -Trapper

1 comment so far

View Mean_Dean's profile


4948 posts in 2571 days

#1 posted 07-29-2016 12:27 AM

Looks like you’re making some great progress on this! Looking forward to the next installment!

-- Dean

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics