LumberJocks

Marine Corps Naval cannon project #6: Another boring adventure.

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Trapper brandenburger posted 07-26-2016 08:57 PM 1057 reads 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 5: Fitting hardware and mortising out crossmembers. Part 6 of Marine Corps Naval cannon project series Part 7: Glue up and test fit. »

Today I finished up mortising the crossmember in and bored them for all thread. (Thanks for the tip tblank). I also routered a groove in the elevation platform for the elevation wedge to slide on. Then I did a dry fit of everything. I have a few other things to do on this project but I should be able to start glueing tomorrow!
Elevation platform and wedge.


Here I am marking the main runners for boring be taping this all thread thru my crossmember.

Time to test fit!

Front

Rear

-- -Trapper



3 comments so far

View splintergroup's profile

splintergroup

832 posts in 690 days


#1 posted 07-26-2016 09:18 PM

That won’t be going anywhere!

View Mean_Dean's profile (online now)

Mean_Dean

5061 posts in 2614 days


#2 posted 07-27-2016 12:39 AM

Well done!

-- Dean --------------------> "Don't give up the ship." James Lawrence, Capt, USN

View tblank's profile

tblank

59 posts in 2437 days


#3 posted 08-04-2016 11:47 PM

Happy to see it turn out so well Trapper. Wish I could be there for the first barrage. Hope it wasn’t a bear to do. Even Arty is Marine Green. No need to call the fast movers.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com