Its been several weeks since I have posted an update to my Paduk Maloof rocker. Since my last post I completed and fitted all the back supports, glued up the rockers, & fitted the head rest. My last few steps that I have to complete is finalize the rockers (shaping and mounting) and do a few days of sanding. There are 2 mistakes that I also need to fix, 1 being that there is a hole that needs plugged from when I drilled the back support holes in the seat, and while routing the back supports I had some chip out so I need to make a replacement.
I am also building a child sized Maloof out of cherry at the same time. Since this will be a gift for my niece it is taking priority over the Padauk. Even though she is only 3 months old and can’t use it for several years I need to get it done by Christmas (surprise for mom,dad, and baby). I have to fit the head rest and shape that rockers and I will be done with the child rocker. I spent several hours today just sanding out machine marks while the rockers dried so that I can keep moving once they come out of the forms.
I am also trying to turn out several bottle stops for Christmas gifts so I am what you would call busy in the shop right now.