So I decided to continue the work on my Padauk rocker. I was going to shelf it for a few weeks but the new plans that I ordered (children’s Maloof rocker) didn’t show up so I needed something to do over the long holiday weekend. I completed the legs and the seat.
Here is the first dry fitting of the legs, completed the transition cuts after this picture
My helper Jack
Tomorrow I hope to attach the arm blocks to the back legs, cut angle on legs, & glue front an back legs. I have also been working on the back splats and the rockers are completed.
I would be further along except that on Friday morning I had an accident with my jointer and lost the tip of my little finger. I made a dumb mistake and it happened in a blink of an eye. Luckily didn’t hit any bone and it was just skin. Stupid mistake that I hope to never repeat. I can say this about the jointer, that helical head makes a nice smooth cut, be it hard exotic woods or a finger.