I wanted to post about finishing the largest single project I’ve done to date. I haven’t posted any many updates on the progress. When I was putting a title to this block, I noticed I already had a series Chi Omega Dorm Room. This was the last biggest project that I built 2 years ago. So the 7 post before this one is the build for that job and not the new one, but the beds are the same, just more of them this time.
Two years ago I had 10 singles and 7 bunk beds for a total of 17 beds. This go around we did 31 singles 9 bunk beds and added a new daybeds style (13 of those). That is 53 beds. We started on them about 4 weeks ago and have been working 75-80 hours/week. We got them finished two days ahead of schedule and had them loaded by last Thursday for a delivery and install Saturday. The install was finished Sunday around 10:00 am.
Here is an example of how each task we repeated over and over. Drilling 704 pocket holes in 14 1/2 minutes. That is one every 1.23 seconds. This is for 44 drawer units under beds for Chi Omega
-- Watch live video from our shop. http://www.wwbeds.com/#!current-projects/c3c1