Okay, I got approval form the customer and time to get started on the project. To pattern it I enlisted the services from a local sign company. They printed it up with the colors separated life size (life size to the bed not life size in the wild). They made me some mask to use as the pattern.
These were masks so I was able to stick them to the veneer pieces. I cut them out using an exacto knife. When I can to a part of the patten that was to intersect the main veneer cutout I’d use that “real” piece as the pattern (because variation could have occurred when cutting the first pattern.)
All pieces were tapped together on the face.
Next step is to do the cutout on the murphy bed face. See next blog.
-- Watch live video from our shop. http://www.wwbeds.com/#!current-projects/c3c1