At this point I really felt like I was entering the home stretch. With the help of my Dad we made a slew of 1/2” and 3/8” faux pins. I made a simple jig to drill shallow blind holes in the backs of these and used short lengths of dowel stock to glue these all in place. I used my combination square to make sure each was rotated just right.
Next I installed various threaded inserts that will be used to bolt and screw the crib together.
Using some maple and ash scrap I had lying around I threw together a mattress support and glued and screwed cleats to the lower rails. The crib was more or less structurally complete, it just needed to be assembled!