Before gluing up the front, back and sides I decided to first drill the holes for the faux pins. I used my small combination square to carefully lay these all out, then just set my depth stop on the drill press and proceed to drill a seemingly endless number of holes all over the cherry frame. It felt so weird doing this after I had spent all this time trying to keep theses pieces looking as perfect as possible. I guess you could say I had to take a leap of faith that I would like the way it would turn out but I knew I liked the design in Sketchup so that helped.
Once drilling was complete, it was time for all the glue-ups. These were slightly tricky. I decided to wrap the ends of the spindles and panels with blue tap to simplify the cleanup, especially since these pieces were already sanded to 220. I first glued in the lower rails to the vertical posts. This was possible because the top rail can be pushed straight down since I was using a bridal joint instead of a standard mortise and tenon at the top corners. Once that was dry, with the help of a number of pipe clamps and a few taps with a rubber mallet I was able to get the panels all glued up without too much trouble.
Gluing up the toddler front:
Gluing up one of the crib sides:
Gluing up the front of the crib:
Gluing up the back of the crib: