With the cherry frame more or less completed, it was time to turn my attention to the maple spindles, panels, and splines. My Dad helped me pick boards and layout the various parts, then cut, rip, and plane them all down to size.
I felt terrible milling down 4/4 stock down to 1/2”. In the future, provided I get a band saw capable of resawing, I think I might use 8/4 stock and resaw down to three 1/2” boards. Oh well, there’s always something to try in the future provided one has the right tools for the job. At least I now have beautiful maple shavings around various pine saplings in the woods outside our house. Since I removed so much material and the completed pieces were thin I decided to strap them together until they had a chance to acclimate.