After the crib dried for a couple weeks it was finally time to bring it upstairs and install it the nursery. I’m pretty happy with how this project turned out and Tommy seems to really enjoy being in it. He’s not ready for the crib jus...
|View Will Stokes's:||home||workshop||projects (21)||blog (16)||reviews (0)||forum topics (2)||buddies (17)||favorites (215)||activity log|
262 posts in 2020 days
Location: Stanton, Michigan
Genetics software developer by day, amateur woodworker by night and weekends. My primary interest is building furniture in my own arts and crafts style, although I occasionally I have fun making a cutting board or two from scraps. I prefer working with native hardwoods like cherry, maple, and walnut.
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Large Tool Cabinet||08-25-2014 03:52 PM|
|commented on||Will Stokes's Profile||05-22-2014 02:11 AM|
|commented on||Rocker Cradle||02-17-2014 01:08 AM|
|commented on||The Hungry Hippo||02-14-2014 02:10 AM|
|added project||Toy/Blanket Chest||02-13-2014 02:43 PM|
|commented on||Arts and Crafts Crib||01-15-2014 10:16 PM|
|added project||Christmas Gifts 2013||01-15-2014 10:14 PM|
|added project||Arts and Crafts Crib||01-15-2014 10:07 PM|
|commented on||Sawstop ZCI with replaceable inserts - almost, not quite great||01-15-2014 08:30 PM|
|commented on||Shoe Rack||01-05-2012 04:56 AM|
|commented on||Shoe Rack||01-05-2012 04:18 AM|
|commented on||Building Baby Stokes' 3-in-1 Crib #14: Drilling, Tapping & Assembly||11-26-2011 07:52 PM|
|commented on||Simple advent calendar||11-26-2011 05:52 AM|
|added blog entry||Building Baby Stokes' 3-in-1 Crib #16: Final Assembly and Tommy Tries it Out!||11-24-2011 09:24 PM|
|added blog entry||Building Baby Stokes' 3-in-1 Crib #15: Sanding And Applying Finish||11-24-2011 09:18 PM|
Latest Projects | view all 21 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 16 »
Things were getting really down to the wire so I enlisted my wife’s help again with the final finishing. I still needed to ease all the edges which we did by hand with sandpaper. After cleaning up I applied 2 coats of Tried & True...
Assembly was pretty straight forward, just time consuming as I had to drill out the remaining threaded inserts into the posts and make sure all the parts lined up just right. OK, perhaps I’m glossing over the details just a tad. The front an...
At this point I really felt like I was entering the home stretch. With the help of my Dad we made a slew of 1/2” and 3/8” faux pins. I made a simple jig to drill shallow blind holes in the backs of these and used short lengths of dowel...
After the glue had about an hour to firm up I would remove the blue tape and use a sharp 1/2” chisel to do some cleanup before the glue completely cured. You can see photos of the glued up back, sides and toddler front here. O...