So I bought the wood in February 2012 and it sat in my garage until just now! Mainly because our 1.5 car garage was taken up by our pop up camper, but also because I didn’t have the drive just yet to get outside – it happens. So as the clock is ticking down for daughter #2, I realize that I had better get cracking on this project. I officially started breaking down the plywood on the 7th and just completed the cases last week. Now two weeks may seem like a long time to do this, but I do have my reasons. Being this is my first project of this magnitude and construction type, I really wanted to be sure I wasn’t going to screw up the dadoes and rabbets of my $350 worth of birch plywood!! Plus, with a pregnant wife and rambunctious 2-year old, the only time I could get outside was in the evening after 9 pm or a few hours over the weekend when we wife was working or Allie (daughter) was asleep. Anywhoo, I managed to get everything cut correctly and amazingly everything lines up nicely. I only made one dado mis-cut, but I managed to glue in a replacement strip and it looks alright, not great, but alright. So far so good!
-- Loving the outdoors since 1981!