1. Beginning of the project… getting the 26 oak boards identical and laid out and glued up.
2. After a few hours of carving and shaping, with the star field cut (to scale of the overall dimensions). Still no glue-up at this time… Used my angle grinder with King Arthur and Arbortech wheels…
3. Used clear stain with dye added… took a few coats to get what I was wanting but it turned out well.
4. Glue up completed nothing left but the field of stars and a final finish coat.
5. Final with a clear coat gloss finish and heavy duty hangers on the back for wall mounting.
-- If my work inspires you, please share your creation with me.