Here I attempted to patch the holes left my the previous hardware using my carving gouge to cut out pieces of the offcuts.
To handle the floating panels, I tried to cut them to size and re-bevel the cutoff end. I found that the center of these panels are chipboard, so now I have to either replace them or try to attach the bevel on the cutoff the larger piece and make the transition look seamless. Of course, the edges of the floating panel were not square, so I made a jig to aid me in getting them square. I had to get them square so I could flip them around and run them along the fence to cut them to final size.
Here I’ve got the face frame cut to size and am gluing it up:
I cut the stiles to size and cleaned out the junk where the stiles connect to rails and dry fit them.
Here is one panel glued up and ready for me to clean up the line where the two pieces are joined. I’m going to have to paint in grain. This will be a first.
After some glue and a good number of brad nails, the carcass is finally together.
Thanks for following along!