We thought he could buy the cabinet and I could make new doors of the right size and finish them the correct color. So, my friend delivered the doors after an evening at the pub. I swear we’re not boozers. After some thought and pricing out lumber, we released I might be able to cut or disassemble the cabinet and reuse the wood. We’re so green, I know.
I thought about cutting off the bottom and using biscuits or something to reattach the bottom rail. Instead, I was able to loosen up the glue with a small space heater. I used a mallet and a small piece of wood to tap the stiles loose of the rails. I started on the front first. Don’t do that, it’ll only mar any routed decoration. The back is way better. Now I have to fix two spots where I chipped it. This cabinet manufacturer used staples and brads to keep the panel from moving and I suppose so they didn’t have to clamp it up to dry. So, as you might have guessed, I have a few cracks that will need to glued back together.
Anyway, here’s my effort this far: