One of the biggest challenges of making 25 of anything is being consistent with all of the measurements and finding ways to do glue-ups efficiently. The sides of the blocks all have to be the same size on the top dimension so when the fronts are attached everything matches up. I found out that while doing the jointing on the angled pieces of the sides, the tips of the pieces would bow slightly which meant that a little work was necessary to get all 5 pieces to fit properly.
A few passes past the drum sander is enough to straighten out the tip for a good tight fit.
Because each block consists of 2 bookmatched sides I made a jig for the glue-up that allowed gluing both sides at the same time.
Just a matter now of applying glue to the edges of the pieces , arranging in the proper order and clamping up.
Using this process I was able to get 4 sets of sides glued up per day while sanding sets waiting for glue to cure.
Next step is doing the inlays—stay tuned
-- Mike --www.midlothianwoodworks.com