I have had several blogs before and they all get neglected over time. Will this one be different? Probably not. But we will see. I seemed to have sustained my commitment to regular shop time through most of a year and the output of my shop shows that I can get a fair bit done with regular hours. The output also makes my wife feel better about the time, space and money this hobby commands from our budget now that several of the things she has asked for have been completed. Guys, make something for her first, then make that cool whatever, you won’t be sorry.
Projects on the bench:
- 6 Stickley side tables (3 commissioned, 3 for me).
- a new workbench (top is done and on beams for now)
- 2 wooden try squares after Moxon
- a(nother) cutting board after TWW (gift)
- a packing box for two computer cases (long story)
- 3 small jewelry boxes (mitered with accent keys in Yellowheart, Bloodwood and Butternut respectively)
- A panel and frame blanket chest in A&C style for my wife.
On the horizon:
- Trade show display for a machine and shipping crate for same (not FWW, but it pays)
- 2 setback shelving units in A&C style for a neighbor
- An entertainment unit in A&C style for the TV/Xbox/Wii/Cable/etc.
-- --- Wayne.