After sleeping on my repair plan, I ventured out to the shop and tackled today’s business. After starting I realized I should be taking some pic’s. We’ll see how well I have learned how to post.
Here are a few pics of the leg after drilling out the mortise. Kinda gives you an idea of where I started.
After measuring the leg six ways from Sunday I turned this stepped tenon.
Here are a couple shots of the prefit.
Then it was just glue up, stain, and finish for this result.
All in all, I am pretty satisfied with this repair. the glue is still fresh on the new part so I haven’t tested it yet, but it felt really strong when I assembled it. time will tell.
Now on to assembling my desk. Pic’s of that later.