Well, we went for a short ride (awesome weather) and I was able to get back in time to apply the first coat of finish to the disassembled desk. I will do the another coat today.
The top and base came out very nice. The desktop will need some sanding, the weather was a little too warm and the finish did not flow quite as well as I like. I think I should have thinned the finish a little more.I t might also be the fact that I am using a new spray gun, a Sata Minijet4 that I picked up used from a car repair buddy. This is a German made HVLP that is WAY better than any spray gun I have used before. Lots of adjustments, works at 29 lbs of pressure, and it really does hold down the overspray. I’ll have more on that after some additional practice.
Off to the shop.