I glued in the rest of the pieces today. The big three (Americas, Eurasia-Africa-Australia, Antarctica) were glued in with wood glue and then weighted. I let it dry for about 10 hours and then brought it up on the router table. Lightly etched where the top layer pieces go and then busted out the industrial CA. It comes with a spray-on coating for one piece and glue for the other side. WORKED AMAZING!
Everything is settled and hanging out happily on the table. Tomorrow I start cutting.
I’ll be sure to take lots of photos and keep you all updated. :)
In other news, while I’m on the subject of my shop..
Look what I got this week! Woohoo!
I also got a new air compressor this week. Ingersoll Rand 5 HP 80-Gallon 135psi=- works great! The last one I had in the shop was an old portable one just not meant for the kind of use I give it. (My sheet router pumps out a LOT OF AIR. A compressor is a required component.)
Just a short update—hopefully I’ll have some good pictures tomorrow!!