Today I took off the tape holding the table to the wall, and a little bit of the wallpaper came with it! Ooops! Fortunately I was already kicking around a plan for what to do there. I had these little mirrors, and I was going to use one of them anyway. But I had already been kind of pondering how to make it look like it wasn’t an afterthought.. So this was just perfect. Unfortunately I didn’t think it through too much because I didn’t know what I was going to use for the trim. I kicked around using something smaller, but in the end I felt the thick, sturdy trim weighted it. I had to shave a little bit off of that piece that goes above the sink. Oops.
After it’s all solidly cured I will clean the windows. :)
I also have a plan for the sink—but it has to wait!
The other little thing I did was the bit of trim on the tub. This covers up the tiny split I had in the wenge, and just makes it look a lot more pulled together I think. I like it.
I will eventually make everything for the tub shiny.. because it should be able to stand up to water.
And that’s the last update on this from me for a week at least. I’m off to a conference in Malibu until Tuesday! :)