this is what the table looks like un-taped. I also added the inlay which I think ties it into the rest of the house really well. I have to say, there is something about the balance between modern and the traditional.
This is what it looks like from above.
So what I did to the sink was spray it with satin nickle paint and then clear gloss. It gives an interesting look when it is finished, I think. I like it.
I encountered a minor problem with the doors upstairs. The epoxy I poured the other day soaked into the SPF wood and epoxied the doors shut. Ooops! I took them out, but they broke at the epoxied part. I dug that out, and glued them back together. So I will need to figure out how to re-mount the doors when all the framing is in place. (They use pins)
A very brief update.. but I wanted to show you all how the sink turned out! :)