I started by assembling the window frames. I used little rubber bands, which works very well in this application. Thankfully I did not cut the mitres, so they actually fit. ;)
I let those dry for a day, or so.
So I worked on the wallpaper for the top… If you notice the lines, I had intended for the centre room to be a tiny bit bigger. and then I noticed that the margin for the paper was sooo close. So I just made the centre room 12” wide. That works.
Painted the outside pieces yellow!
Inside pieces became the same jacobean stain that the doors and stairs received.
While that dried I worked on assembling the roof. I cut off the excess paper and then got out the glue and tape. this was a bit of a pain.
The back part is actually made up of three pieces. I tape the long piece to the front, and gravity is holding it to the roof. I then lined up the short two pieces and just taped it all together. Not a lot of pressure was needed here – gravity works.
I then set forth and glued the windows in place. I did the outside frames, and then set the piece of “glass” (acrylic) on the inside.. and then the inside frame. The glass is not actually glued to anything, it floats.
Big difference eh!!
I have not really decided what to do about the front top piece…. I could paint it… but I’m not sure if I want it white. I am kind of thinking I don’t. We’ll see, I guess. I better make up my mind soon. :P I did not put the windows in that piece because I forgot to square it up and did not notice this until I tried to put it in. haha. It’s fine, I can do that in-situ with no problem.
Starting to look like a room eh? :) We’re getting there. I hate that floor so much. It looks ok in the photos but in person I find it really obvious that it’s paper.
The stair-room on the second storey. I did not think this through when I made my wallpaper choices – ha ha. I have to put moulding up, in between those tiny tiny stairs. I can fit my hand in the space – I had to pull some tape off.
The upstairs. I had a wee problem with the stairs on this floor, but we’ll cover that in another story… hahah….
I am going to make some wood trim, to cover all of the edges on the back. I am also going to cover the bare mdf on the little walls in the attic, they will match whatever trim I end up putting in there. I need to do some tricky tricky trim in here, mostly around the window.
And then, because sometimes building tiny houses is totally backwards, I began making the foundation.
So I will be attaching that “soon”. I am going to paint it before it goes in – I’d like to make it look like a real-ish foundation. Have not decided if it will be “concrete” or “brick”.
I am pleased. It feels like a house now. Just wait until I do the porch!