The list is getting shorter
#1 back is done, acrylic heart glued into place
#2 sanding and final scrape done….tired of it, not perfect but enough sanding already!!
#3 made small brass inserts out of nails like I did with the arms by hammering in the nail, cutting the head off and sharpening it with a file. These are on all purpleheart parts to give some mechanical retention along with the glue
These little guys are brass coated as I found out after chipping the coating off the head
#4 I used linseed oil followed by a beeswax polish on purpleheart, just beeswax on the maple to keep it lighter color
and lastly #5
final assembly will happen tomorrow morning after my son’s Sunday 7 am hockey practice
head, feet (arms are done), back attachments, clock motor and hands
Should be in my daughter’s room before bedtime
-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"