The grizzly polar bear is up and running, but needs some fine tuning. As do I.
My band sawing skills are far from perfect. First run with re-sawing a log of scrap 4” cedar I did the following
1. forgot to set the tension on the initial cut…..so the blade wandered quite a bit
2. bolted the front fence rail too high so it wasn’t flush with the table….weird first cutting angles
3.was too lazy to set up the cyclone….there can’t be that much dust created right?
4. didn’t go get a mask or respirator…hey just a quick cut
5. left the blade guard up high after I got the log cut up into 3/4” slabs…. I didn’‘t cut myself ripping them
6. worked in the messiest garage you have ever seen….boxes, plastic bags, styrofoam, painting stuff all over and now cover in sawdust
7. Did I mention I have a slight allergy to cedar…..possibly not the brightest move to not control the dust or protect myself from it
I was stupid and rushing and excited with the new toy, but no excuses. I did wear ear and eye protection. Now I am just itchy and coughing up my lungs.
My shopvac cyclone is no match for this dust creating beast. I am going to have to get a more powerful vac system.
But first I need to clear out the garage and clean the life out of it….and finish painting the house before my wife kills me. I am getting that you don’t finish your projects look again from her.
-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"