Well, I missed the Christmas deadline, but my daughters were still very pleased. My wife and I decided and told everybody last year that we were only giving gifts that we made. This was prompted by my daughters (3) all asking for shopping money. It was important to my wife and I that they know what the true meaning of Christmas is and to be thnakful for the many gifts they have been blessed with over the years. Namely, never going hungry….always having a roof over their heads…etc. My biggest mistake was over estimating my ability and underestimating how much time I would have to work on these projects.
1. Chest of drawers for 11 year old….Red Oak
2. Blanket Chest, will be lined with Aromatic cedar….Case of Red Oak
3. red Oak….Lazy…Lazy Susan for my mom and Dad (No Pics)
4. Clock for my oldest (19) modeled by my middle (14) inscription says As you navigate the world, Our Love and Prayers go with you. Idea shamelessly stolen from one of the other members who’s heartfelt message to his son resonated with me as my daughter has left the coop and is struggling to find herself.
5. Wall Plaque for my Mother in Law, what is missing is the Inscription from Isaiah49….Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.