LumberJocks

New guy introduction

  • Advertise with us

« back to Coffee Lounge forum

Forum topic by RootandBranch posted 05-19-2015 05:46 PM 920 views 0 times favorited 9 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View RootandBranch's profile

RootandBranch

241 posts in 1246 days


05-19-2015 05:46 PM

Long time lurker here and finally decided to jump in and say hi and thank you. I come here at least 2-3 times a week and can say that a good 75% of what I’ve learned about woodworking has come from this site. The other 25% is from making mistakes…many many mistakes. But I can almost always search here for why something went horribly wrong and find an answer. And for your willingness to share what you know, I thank all of you. My favorite thing is the projects section. I am consistently being awed at things I see there and have been inspired to try many.

Took up woodworking a few years back when I was given a Shopsmith. Since then I’ve acquired a bunch of other tools, many based on recommendations here and some based on very empty pockets. I operate out of my garage, giving away a lot of work but recently diving into selling in a very limited niche market.

Hope to be able to contribute in any small way and will post some work as soon as I figure that part out.

-- Don, https://www.etsy.com/shop/RootandBranchGifts - http://facebook.com/rootandbranchgifts


9 replies so far

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

5067 posts in 4102 days


#1 posted 05-19-2015 06:27 PM

Glad to have you with us.
Be sure to show us what you make.
Bill

-- bill@magraphics.us

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

14940 posts in 2832 days


#2 posted 05-20-2015 01:04 AM

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your projects. This site is really user friendly as far as posting projects from your computer ( not sure about from your phone as I still have a flip phone!)

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

View Ghidrah's profile

Ghidrah

667 posts in 1364 days


#3 posted 05-20-2015 02:01 AM

To destroy stuff is to know stuff and like your avatar

-- I meant to do that!

View firefighterontheside's profile

firefighterontheside

19036 posts in 1998 days


#4 posted 05-20-2015 02:22 AM

Welcome Don. This is a great place.
I’ve been woodworking for a long time, but since I joined here 2 years ago I’ve learned lots of new stuff and tried things I never would have without these men and women.

-- Bill M. "People change, walnut doesn't" by Gene.

View Monte Pittman's profile

Monte Pittman

29864 posts in 2480 days


#5 posted 05-20-2015 02:25 AM

Welcome to Lumberjocks. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Ask what ever you need to.

-- Nature created it, I just assemble it.

View BurlyBob's profile

BurlyBob

5911 posts in 2407 days


#6 posted 05-20-2015 03:25 AM

Good to have you with us. The more the merrier.

View a1Jim's profile

a1Jim

117232 posts in 3719 days


#7 posted 05-20-2015 03:35 AM

Welcome aboard Don,Enjoy!

-- https://www.artisticwoodstudio.com/videos wood crafting & woodworking classes

View skiler's profile

skiler

68 posts in 2097 days


#8 posted 05-25-2015 11:33 PM

Welcome. Keep comin back

View DKV's profile

DKV

3940 posts in 2646 days


#9 posted 05-25-2015 11:49 PM

Welcome. Since you have a shopsmith you won’t have to ask which tablesaw to buy. You don’t use the term “pull the trigger” do you? All good stuff.

-- This is a Troll Free zone.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com