DEWALT 5" Orbit Sander - dust colection attachment needed

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by snowdog posted 07-10-2009 01:41 PM 19849 views 0 times favorited 8 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View snowdog's profile


1166 posts in 4158 days

07-10-2009 01:41 PM

Topic tags/keywords: dewalt 5orbit sander dust collection

I am looking for a hose and attachment that can connect my sander to my vac. I could use duct tape but that seems a bit messy <grin>. Has anyone found/use/ have or know where I could find one? Maybe I should call Dewalt?

Quick update 0
Still retired
Still love not working
Still hate our government representatives that don’t represent 1/2 of America.

-- "so much to learn and so little time"..

8 replies so far

View Dick, & Barb Cain's profile

Dick, & Barb Cain

8693 posts in 4475 days

#1 posted 07-10-2009 03:14 PM

I needed a part for a Dewalt battery nailer I bought on ebay, & looked it up on the Dewalt site.

It would have cost me $10 shipping a $7 part, so I went to our local fleet supply store that sells Dewalt, & ordered it from them. It only cost me a total of $10.

I once had some BO 18v batteries that came with a Dewalt kit from ebay. They exchanged them at no charge for new ones, & no questions asked.. They have a date on them, & guarantee them for 2 years.

-- -** You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream ****************** Dick, & Barb Cain, Hibbing, MN.

View Peter5's profile


66 posts in 2979 days

#2 posted 06-11-2011 05:30 AM

Did you ever figure anything out about this? I’m in the same boat! I’m thinking about trying to take the stupid dust bag that came with it and tear off the cloth to make a quick vacuum hose connection. Either that, or just go buy a festools sander!

-- Pete, Long Beach, CA

View Les 's profile


201 posts in 2866 days

#3 posted 06-11-2011 05:55 PM

Hey folks,

Enclosed is a picture of what I did. The small rubber “adapter” is a piece used for a Fein Mulit master. My son found it at a woodcraft. It acts as a bushing for the end of a 1 1/4” vacuum hose. I hope this helps.

-- Stay busy....Stay young

View mrg's profile


834 posts in 3175 days

#4 posted 06-12-2011 03:21 AM

bought a festool adaptor works fine.

-- mrg

View Les 's profile


201 posts in 2866 days

#5 posted 06-12-2011 03:48 PM


-- Stay busy....Stay young

View bigike's profile


4054 posts in 3464 days

#6 posted 06-13-2011 12:15 AM

Take a look here, they also have them at any Home Dopepo or Lowes.

I say dopepo cuz of some of the dopes they hire but I do wish I were one of those dopes. I tried so many times to get in but nothing I think it’s cuz I’m to smart or interested in a lot of the stuff they want to teach.

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop,

View BrettWood's profile


2 posts in 2130 days

#7 posted 01-18-2013 10:05 PM

I found this as a good adapter and much cheaper than the Festool adapter…
Fein 921072K13 Step Adaptor for $6.41

Jesus was a carpenter and I follow in His steps, in more ways than one…

-- Brett, California

View cutmantom's profile


407 posts in 3210 days

#8 posted 01-18-2013 10:21 PM

i seem to remember doing this and the hose fit right on, but i think it was the larger size, around 2 inch

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics