Glazing Question

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by teejay posted 07-07-2009 03:08 AM 1021 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View teejay's profile


95 posts in 3288 days

07-07-2009 03:08 AM

I am researching doing a spray glaze on the edges of some cabinets. My parents are going to be redoing their cabinets. I’m confident in building the cabinets but am looking at painting the cabinets and adding a glaze to the edges and recesses of the doors. Something like this or this

I’m going to spray the paint on, then spray the glaze into the recesses, sand the flat spots off, then finish with a clear coat.

I would like to know of any suggestions about what paint, glaze, and clear finish you would suggest. Lowes sells some Valspar clear glaze that I assume can mix with paint to make the color I want, and then do I use the clear glaze itself as a finish layer?


2 replies so far

View teejay's profile


95 posts in 3288 days

#1 posted 07-07-2009 05:58 PM

anyone have an idea?

View CoolDavion's profile


434 posts in 3846 days

#2 posted 08-03-2009 06:43 PM

I did not read the article, but this issue might help →

-- Do or do not, there is no try!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics