Euro Hinges

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Lou Penta posted 03-30-2015 06:25 PM 701 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Lou Penta's profile

Lou Penta

11 posts in 2887 days

03-30-2015 06:25 PM

Topic tags/keywords: hinge euro cabinet door

I have been given a numer of kitchen cab doors with one half of the euro hinges left on. I was planing on useing the doors on some workshop cabinets. Is it possible to purchase the mating hinge half or do I have to buy complete hinge?

-- Lou, Florida

3 replies so far

View nailbanger2's profile


1041 posts in 3112 days

#1 posted 03-30-2015 06:29 PM

Lou, although nothing is impossible, I would buy new hinges. Just my couple cents.

-- Wish I were Norm's Nephew

View SirIrb's profile


1239 posts in 1199 days

#2 posted 03-30-2015 06:32 PM

should be able to. Verify the brand—Blum etc. And new ones would be advisable as mentioned above.

-- Don't blame me, I voted for no one.

View NoThanks's profile


798 posts in 1497 days

#3 posted 03-30-2015 06:45 PM

Lou, the mating hinge half is called the “mounting plate”.
They make different mounting plates designed to give you different overlays.
As said above depending on the brand and type
you can order separate mounting plates without ordering the hinge.
I wouldn’t hesitate to reuse them on workshop cabinets unless they look old and bent.

-- Because I'm gone, that's why!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics