A Question For DaveR.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by jfarms posted 06-27-2009 04:24 AM 1022 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View jfarms's profile


12 posts in 3434 days

06-27-2009 04:24 AM

Hi Dave- I found this site doing a search on how to draw a curved panel in skp. I saw your post regarding the curved chair back. What really caught my eye were the tool sets your screen capture was showing. What are those? What am I missing and why don’t I have them? Tried to send you a PM regarding this but the site said I needed ten posts first so I figured I’d ask here. Hope that’s ok. This may help others also. Thanks a bunch for any help.

3 replies so far

View jfarms's profile


12 posts in 3434 days

#1 posted 06-30-2009 06:59 PM

Anyone friends with DaveR????

View Brad_Nailor's profile


2539 posts in 4135 days

#2 posted 06-30-2009 07:42 PM

The tool icons you see on Dave’s screen are most likely “plug ins” small software programs designed for use within Sketchup. Do a web search on Sketchup plug ins there are allot of sites out there that offer them for free. Or you can check out

EDIT: They are also known as “Ruby Scripts”


View jfarms's profile


12 posts in 3434 days

#3 posted 07-04-2009 02:24 PM

Thanks Dave-
I actually found your article in FWW detailing all of the plugins. I’ve started looking into them to see if any would be of use to me. The original reason I started looking was because I am having difficulties modeling an island with a large curved back panel. Thanks for your help.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics