DIY drill press clamp

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by dask posted 03-15-2015 08:00 PM 1751 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View dask's profile


22 posts in 2288 days

03-15-2015 08:00 PM

I’m designing a homemade drills press vise made from aluminum.
I have a bunch of threaded elevation and tilt screws from craftsman 113 table saws and want to use one on the vise. I want to tap the aluminum and wanted to know if anyone knows what kind of tap to use or put me on the right path.
Looks something like pic below.


1 reply so far

View zipzit's profile


11 posts in 1125 days

#1 posted 03-21-2015 10:24 AM

You need an Acme Thread Tap. First you need to figure out exactly what size thread you have with careful measurements. (Is that a right hand or left hand thread in the image above?) I will say, these taps aren’t cheap. Possible to find a deal on Ebay, but best to figure out exactly what size you need first. Here’s a machine shop supply place that has them…

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics