unusual clamps does anyone know what they are?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by 19mclaren80 posted 03-03-2015 05:02 PM 1146 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View 19mclaren80's profile


2 posts in 1175 days

03-03-2015 05:02 PM

Does anyone know what this is used for, or what the proper name is? The only thing I can think of is thar it is some kind of corner clamp. This is my first posting so please forgive me if this is not the right place.
Thanks guys!

2 replies so far

View MrRon's profile


4758 posts in 3237 days

#1 posted 03-04-2015 10:39 PM

It could be called a picture frame jig or a miter joint jig. It is used to hold two pieces of wood at right angles to each other so you can cut a 45° miter on the edge of each piece after which the pieces are glued and clamped until dry.

View 19mclaren80's profile


2 posts in 1175 days

#2 posted 03-04-2015 10:57 PM

Thank you Ron for your reply. I thought it might be the samething but I can’t find anything that closely resembles what was bought for me. I know the picture is hard to view so I appreciate you giving a go at it.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics