Where to buy a viewer/marker for fixed measurement tape?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by BadgerJoe posted 03-03-2015 05:01 PM 948 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View BadgerJoe's profile


24 posts in 1150 days

03-03-2015 05:01 PM

Good Morning!

I am looking to build a miter saw station to replace my portable DeWalt miter saw stand. I plan to incorporate a sliding stop and fixed measurement tape, and I’m wondering if there is anywhere that I can buy the plastic viewing window for the measurement tape with a precision line on it – similar to those found on most table saw fences.

I can always make one with some acrylic, but I thought if I could pick one up for a few bucks it would save some time.

Thanks for your help!


3 replies so far

View English's profile


642 posts in 1447 days

#1 posted 03-04-2015 09:20 PM

Rockler has them in several lengths

-- John, Suffolk Virgina

View Kazooman's profile


1001 posts in 1922 days

#2 posted 03-04-2015 09:59 PM

John, Joe is looking for the plastic lens with the index mark, not the tape itself.

I didn’t check any aftermarket suppliers, but I was sitting at my bench with my laptop and looked over at my table saw. I checked the Sawstop website parts store and they do offer a “fence position indicator lens” for $3.00. It looks like it has a nice scribed line and a built in magnification lens. I am certain that all manufacturers have similar spare parts. You should be able to find just what you need.

View BadgerJoe's profile


24 posts in 1150 days

#3 posted 03-05-2015 01:32 AM

Thanks Kazooman! The SawStop part looks like it will work perfectly, and you can’t beat the price!

Best regards,


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics