Specialty planes

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by woodworker_55 posted 03-01-2015 08:13 PM 866 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View woodworker_55's profile


1 post in 1205 days

03-01-2015 08:13 PM

Topic tags/keywords: specialty planestools

I am looking for the name of the planes or related tools necessary to make the seat indentation in wood furniture. I saw them listed somewhere but cannot locate where. I am building a couple of children’s rockers from scratch and need to make the indentation in the seat bottoms, any info will be greatly appreciated.

4 replies so far

View bandit571's profile


20211 posts in 2706 days

#1 posted 03-01-2015 08:31 PM

Would it be a Scorp?

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

View SASmith               's profile


1850 posts in 3010 days

#2 posted 03-01-2015 11:05 PM

Check out travishers too.

-- Scott Smith, Southern Illinois

View Mark Kornell's profile

Mark Kornell

1169 posts in 2553 days

#3 posted 03-01-2015 11:07 PM

Or a travisher.

Edit: I see SASmith beat me to it…

-- Mark Kornell, Kornell Wood Design

View DocBailey's profile


584 posts in 2383 days

#4 posted 03-02-2015 06:04 AM


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics