Hinged lid hardware needed.... Not sure what it is called.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Garp posted 02-12-2015 09:24 PM 1012 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Garp's profile


11 posts in 2816 days

02-12-2015 09:24 PM

Hello, I’m trying to find hardware that can be used to adjust a box lid open, and lock in position. Im not sure what it is called so my google-fu is not finding what I need.

What I saw on a large wooden box is turn-buckle looking piece that turned and expanded, then locked with a locknut to hold the position. Anyone know what this might be called? the lid in question is 3 feet wide and a foot deep. It only has to hold open from about 45 to 90 degrees.

2 replies so far

View JayT's profile


5679 posts in 2238 days

#1 posted 02-12-2015 09:26 PM

Try Googling “friction lid support”. Don’t know if that what you are thinking of or not.

-- In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson

View Ghidrah's profile


667 posts in 1249 days

#2 posted 02-13-2015 12:09 AM

Try quadrant hinge, HD hinge support or torsion hinges

-- I meant to do that!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics