Figured wood terminology question

  • Advertise with us

« back to Wood & Lumber forum

Forum topic by Grinchia posted 02-10-2015 03:35 PM 569 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Grinchia's profile


2 posts in 1098 days

02-10-2015 03:35 PM

Some time ago I read someone mention in a post a word that describes the way light plays over figured wood, giving the impression of depth. I can’t remember what the word is, and it is driving me crazy. Anyone?


5 replies so far

View PaulJerome's profile


57 posts in 2455 days

#1 posted 02-10-2015 03:38 PM


-- Paul, Central Illinois

View nailbanger2's profile


1041 posts in 2565 days

#2 posted 02-10-2015 03:43 PM

chatoyance ?

-- Wish I were Norm's Nephew

View DIYaholic's profile


19140 posts in 2097 days

#3 posted 02-10-2015 05:14 PM


-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procrastination a bad thing?

View TheFridge's profile


5678 posts in 908 days

#4 posted 02-10-2015 05:26 PM


-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

View Grinchia's profile


2 posts in 1098 days

#5 posted 02-10-2015 07:18 PM

Chatoyance it is! Thank you, I will sleep better.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics