Grommet thingee

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by newwoodbutcher posted 01-20-2015 05:22 AM 557 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View newwoodbutcher's profile


584 posts in 2428 days

01-20-2015 05:22 AM

I’m building an enclosed IPad/IPhone charging station it’s a tall Black Walnut box with a brass Brusso “click” latch and Brusso 95 degree hinges. The charger needs AC input coming through the bottom of the box. I’ve got a charger with a removable cord and can fit it all in the box but I need a fitting or grommet for the ac cord to pass into the box, instead of just a hole in the bottom. Something brass or even plastic that will serve as a strain relief and guide for the ac cable. I’ve spent hours on line but don’t have a clue what to call this fitting. Can anyone guide me?

-- Ken

3 replies so far

View dlgWoodWork's profile


160 posts in 3332 days

#1 posted 01-20-2015 05:33 AM

Rockler should have what you need.

See this link:

Looks like they call it a Flexi-grommet, but they have other styles in the link above.

-- Check out my projects and videos

View MrUnix's profile (online now)


4922 posts in 1776 days

#2 posted 01-20-2015 05:40 AM

Something like this?

Do a google for “wire strain relief”


-- Brad in FL - To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid

View newwoodbutcher's profile


584 posts in 2428 days

#3 posted 01-20-2015 06:41 AM

Yes, I went through Rocler, Kloc Kit and untold hardware and cable management sites. Brad, the plastic wire strain relief is the best choice so far. I ordered a few but I’m still hoping for something a bit more classy. The wire strain relief search seems to be the path. Thank you both.

-- Ken

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics