|Forum topic by buster09841||posted 01-14-2015 12:50 AM||1273 views||0 times favorited||5 replies|
01-14-2015 12:50 AM
finally decided to join and start posting a few weeks back and i’m in need need of some information.
alright so i had posted that i was looking was looking for a 14” bandsaw and i found one that i was not able to pass up. paid $75 for an older grizzly g1019. looking to do a few things during clean up and what not. I will be replacing the tires and changing out the bearings since they seemed a bit worn. installing a link belt and just general clean up.
i have a few questions though, I’ve been reading and searching the web for a few nights now since i have a few days before picking it up and certain info is escaping me since it’s an older saw.
1. I want a riser block for it, does anyone know what kits will fit it….I called grizzly and then man i spoke with wouldn’t tell me anything, he only response was we don’t carry that saw any longer, they have replacement tires and what not but won’t help me out with anything else.
2. does anyone know the nema frame size of the stock 3/4 hp motor. i know it’s a 1720rpm but i’m going to upgrade the motor to 1.5hp and need to know frame size. i think it’s a nema 56 but would like some reassurance before ordering it :-)
3. does anyone know if the newer aftermarket fences will fit the saw, either the newer grizzly fence for the G0555’s or the Kreg fence or similar? i guess i could just drill new mounting holes but if one brand fits out of the box compared to another it would be great to know upfront!
4. anyone know of a good place to upgraded tension springs? i had read about Iturra Designs but haven’t seen anything since the 2011 time period, any info here would be great.
5. I would also like change out and upgrade the blade guides as the stock ones have seens their better days…should i get cool blocks, or carter rollers something else?
basically trying to gather all the info in one place that couldn’t find elsewhere searching.