what is this metal stretcher hardware piece called?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by jimmyhopps posted 01-09-2015 02:52 AM 770 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View jimmyhopps's profile


222 posts in 1921 days

01-09-2015 02:52 AM

I’m planning on making a bench similar to the picture, and am wondering where to find this type of hardware used in in the stretcher. Any suggestions, or at least what one calls that type of item, so i can search for it myself.


3 replies so far

View NoThanks's profile


798 posts in 1071 days

#1 posted 01-09-2015 02:56 AM

Look up Guy Wire Turnbuckle Tensioner
I used some huge ones for a table I made

-- Because I'm gone, that's why!

View Slyy's profile


2543 posts in 1197 days

#2 posted 01-09-2015 03:08 AM

I’ll second that, just ask or google “turnbuckle” and you’ll find what ya need.

-- Jake -- "Not only do we live among the stars, the stars live within us." - Neil Degrasse Tyson

View crank49's profile


3993 posts in 2513 days

#3 posted 01-10-2015 02:44 AM

McMaster Carr has all sizes and types.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics