DeWalt Jig saw

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by rantingrich posted 01-04-2015 09:29 PM 896 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View rantingrich's profile


372 posts in 1310 days

01-04-2015 09:29 PM

I have a DeWalt jig saw about 5 years old. Still works great. BUT somehow I lost the plastic SHOE I guess is what you call it. The Smooth plastic Shoe that went on the bottom of the jigsaw. Now I have a nekked steel PLATE where there are a few tiny bolts that stick out and they keep getting hung up on what ever I am sawing on. It is very maddening and frustrating.

I went and looked all over the internet for parts but every resources I have looked at say that particular items is no longer available

I hate to bug a new one for another$150 200 plus dollars while the machine itself works great.

I am thinking of EPOXING a piece or smooth hard wood on the bottom or even maybe a piece of Nylon or other plastic on it, but am hesitant

-- Rich

5 replies so far

View Blake Haskins 's profile

Blake Haskins

229 posts in 1202 days

#1 posted 01-06-2015 11:16 PM

I own a newer dewalt jigsaw and may be of no help but rather than epoxiing you might want to use some 3 double sided tape it it a extremely strong and may dampen vibration

-- make sure you subscribe to my channel-

View RussellAP's profile


3103 posts in 2251 days

#2 posted 01-06-2015 11:25 PM

I just use some masking tape on the bottom of mine. Protects the surface well and you can easily change it when it’s worn.

-- A positive attitude will take you much further than positive thinking ever will.

View dhazelton's profile


2755 posts in 2261 days

#3 posted 01-06-2015 11:49 PM

I’d go to HD or Lowes and take your saw. Maybe a plastic foot from a new DeWalt or a Bosch will fit it and you can order that part number. If that doesn’t work you can take some plastic from the flat side of a gallon water or milk jug cut to fit and double sided tape it on. That way it’s not too thick but durable and easily replaceable.

View dawsonbob's profile


2819 posts in 1720 days

#4 posted 01-06-2015 11:59 PM

I would think about getting a thin piece of UHMW poly, drilling and counter sinking the screws, and attaching that. It won’t mar the surface you’re working on, and it’s really, really slick.

-- Mistakes are what pave the road to perfection

View txn's profile


139 posts in 1424 days

#5 posted 01-07-2015 12:20 AM

It’s called a non marring pad try searching for that under your model number

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics