Anyone know what these are?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Coffee Lounge forum

Forum topic by 3ForFred posted 11-24-2014 01:13 AM 692 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View 3ForFred's profile


11 posts in 2294 days

11-24-2014 01:13 AM

Was wondering if anyone here knows what these are. I found them at a local ReStore and couldn’t pass them up. They are solid mahogany with brass inlay and stand about 15” tall. They also have a bolt on the hinge side of the handle and seem to stand just like this given the angles at the ends of the “legs”. There are two holes in each leg about 3” from the top.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 replies so far

View JoeinGa's profile


7660 posts in 1608 days

#1 posted 11-24-2014 01:29 AM

Crowd control (rope stanchions) for a convention of “Little people” ???? :-)

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View Jimbo4's profile


1518 posts in 2364 days

#2 posted 11-24-2014 01:52 AM

I have exactly the same thing – except there is a cushion in between the “A” frames – which is called a camel saddle. So, whomever gave them to the ReStore, kept the cushions.

-- BOVILEXIA: The urge to moo at cows from a moving vehicle.

View 3ForFred's profile


11 posts in 2294 days

#3 posted 11-24-2014 02:31 AM

Thanks Jimbo4 for the info. I have now found several pictures of what it would look like complete and now know what my next (or one of my next) project will be.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics