Can you clear this up for me?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by ohtimberwolf posted 11-18-2014 04:56 PM 1056 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View ohtimberwolf's profile


863 posts in 2530 days

11-18-2014 04:56 PM

Topic tags/keywords: slides

This ad came to me and states that the slides are for use in 32mm cabinet systems. Does this restrict it from being used on kitchen cabinets that I would build as normal inch sizes? Not sure what or why they are advising folks of this. larry

The 3832 slides are designed for use in 32mm cabinet systems, – See more at:

-- Just a barn cat, now gone to cat heaven.

3 replies so far

View NoThanks's profile


798 posts in 1707 days

#1 posted 11-18-2014 05:12 PM

You can use them for your cabinetry.
The 32mm system is all about hole spacing. The guides have holes that line up with shelf holes that are drilled using the 32mm system and use euro screws.
The 32mm system is mostly used in production shops.

EDIT: The guides also have smaller holes for you to use regular screws with (#6 or #8’s I believe.)

Here is a short reply regarding the 32 mm system

-- Because I'm gone, that's why!

View skipj's profile


97 posts in 2450 days

#2 posted 11-18-2014 07:07 PM

Iwud has it right. I use 3832s all the time in face frame cabs all the time. My drawer boxes are all 5/8 maple
so I use a 6×1/2 screw.

View ohtimberwolf's profile


863 posts in 2530 days

#3 posted 11-18-2014 10:45 PM

Thanks guys, I was hoping for something like that. larry

-- Just a barn cat, now gone to cat heaven.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics