What are these clamps for?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by FancyShoes posted 11-09-2014 08:22 PM 1470 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View FancyShoes's profile


550 posts in 1363 days

11-09-2014 08:22 PM

I picked up six of these clamps from the auction yesterday with a bunch of other clamps, the look to be used for possibly holding down laminate , but I am sure they have other purposes as well.

4 replies so far

View GeneralDisorder's profile


45 posts in 1338 days

#1 posted 11-09-2014 08:27 PM

Edge banding

View WhyMe's profile


1013 posts in 1559 days

#2 posted 11-09-2014 08:39 PM

Yep, it’s an edge clamp. It allows you to clamp work perpendicular to a surface.

View FancyShoes's profile


550 posts in 1363 days

#3 posted 11-09-2014 09:01 PM

I figured that is what it did.. Probably won’t use them all the often.

View ScottM1's profile


132 posts in 1581 days

#4 posted 11-09-2014 09:14 PM

These would also come in handy for installing face framed cabinets. You can use a block of wood to span the stiles and pull the frames flush.

-- Scott Marshburn,, FaceBook,, Twitter,

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics