riving knife for older Jet contractor table saw

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by dbw posted 11-04-2014 06:47 PM 1127 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View dbw's profile


201 posts in 1660 days

11-04-2014 06:47 PM

I have an older (1999) Jet contractor saw. It came with the standard blade guard/splitter/anti-kickback fingers. Does anyone know if there is a riving knife available for this model? Is it possible to retrofit the trunion assembly to accept a riving knife?

-- measure 3 times, cut once

1 reply so far

View runswithscissors's profile


2764 posts in 2048 days

#1 posted 11-05-2014 03:28 AM

Google “BORK” (bolt on riving knife). They can tell you whether they have one that will fit. Also, try Shark Guard, who may have something. There are also splitters that can be used with most TSs. However, none of these are true riving knives.

-- I admit to being an adrenaline junky; fortunately, I'm very easily frightened

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics